My heart was filled with compassion for two moms in particular as I watched them while we were waiting for Logan in recovery. It was heartbreaking to watch them as they sat alone with their bald little boys, one waiting for chemo, and the other bone marrow. All I could do was say a prayer for them and ask for comfort as they struggle through something so much more difficult than what I am experiencing. I ask you all to say a little pray for these moms. God knows them by name even if we do not, and he is able to give comfort to the brokenhearted and rest to the weary. Pray for healing for their cancer stricken little boys. Pray that if they do not know Jesus that they will find Him through this situation.
Logan’s procedures went very well and he did not have any problems with the anesthesia. He seems to be his normal self right now as he watches his favorite “Blue’s Clues” episode. He will start on his first dose of Sinemet tomorrow and we are praying for miraculous results. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement over the past few weeks. We will not get any results back for about 4 weeks due to the holidays, but we are confident that whatever the results, it is all in God’s plan. I will keep you all posted on his status throughout the next month. No matter what challenges we face ahead, we know that Logan has the will power and fight in him to make the best of any situation. We believe and trust in faith that God has a miracle in store for our precious little boy.
What a great post, Elizabeth. I agree that seeing a little one with cancer quickly puts everything in perspective...that's what happened to me last week at the oncologist, too!
ReplyDelete