Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Love Being Home With My Sweet Boys!!

Things are going great for us!  I am so blessed to be home with my boys.  God knows exactly where I should be at this time in my life, and I truly believe this is the place he has prepared for me in the past 5 years!  It is so great to be able to look back over the years and see how he worked in certain circumstances to place me where I am at this particular time in my life. 
Corbin was diagnosed with Dyslexia this month.  Though it will be a challenge for him through the years, we consider it a blessing that we discovered this so early in his education.  So many people never catch it and struggle for years without any assistance.  His teacher is a true blessing….she is the one that finally noticed the Dyslexia and helped us decide to test him.  I prayed for the perfect teacher for him this year and God provided exactly what he needed.  I can see how much she loves Corbin and it warms my heart that she takes such a personal interest in my son. 
Corbin took the news well…..I am so proud of him and how he handles things like a little man.  I don’t think that he understands exactly what dyslexia is, but he understands that he “learns differently” than the other kids in his class.  I think he is just relieved to know that he is going to get the help he needs.  He has a special dyslexia teacher that is working with him on his reading and writing every day. 
Logan continues to improve daily as he learns to walk.  He is still a little off balance and walks up on his left toe, but he is walking none the less, without any assistance from braces or a walker.  All Logan’s therapists (speech, physical, occupational, nurse, and dietician) come to the house to work with him, which is incredibly convenient.  I am so blessed to be able to work with him at home on a daily basis. 
I never imagined I would have two children with special needs, but I would not change a thing.  They are both so special and have blessed our family in so many ways!  God is so good.  My prayer is that I can be the best mom possible to my boys and that I enjoy every moment I have with them.  They grow up so FAST!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment