We had a great Christmas! I would say it was busy, but that would be an understatement....I think chaotic is more the word I am looking for. :) I still need to go through the pictures I did take, but they won't be anything like Becca and Sara's fancy pictures. ;)
We drove to San Antonio on Tuesday, December 21st. The trip went surprisingly well. Logan did fabulous and Corbin always does great in the car on long trips……other than the 35 times he asked “are we almost there?” We arrived in the evening, dropped off the kids and the dog, and we were off to Alamo Café! I think I was more excited about going to Alamo Café and Bill Millers than any present I got for Christmas. I still have dreams about those Alamo Café tortillas and Bill Miller’s hash browns and brisket with BBQ sauce! Yumo!
Wednesday, we took the boys to visit Nana (Mary) at work and she showed them off to all the office ladies. Then it was back home for a long nap. Logan did not sleep well in his pack and play the first night. After naptime, I think he realized that was his new bed and he slept great the rest of the time. We decided to stay with Mary and Lou the whole time we were in San Antonio so that Logan did not have to adjust to a new place all over again. That night we went to Incredible Pizza Co. and Corbin was in heaven. This place was like Chuck E Cheese on steroids…..ha-ha! Thank you Nana and Papaw!
Thursday, we woke up early and took the boys to breakfast at our favorite breakfast restaurant, Las Palapas. We all ate for $13.95. You just can’t do that in Dallas! We loved the chilaquiles and Corbin loved his bean and cheese taco with his pancakes…..ha-ha……only in SA! Logan came home and took a nap while Cliff and Lou took Corbin to the indoor shooting range. Dad took his three girls to lunch and shopping while Uncle Justin watched Logan and Brian and Joey watched the other three kiddos. We had a lot of fun and great laughs with dad. It was so fun to be with just dad and my sisters. That night Grandma Cose joined us at dad’s house for a slide show that dad prepared for us. We watched slides of our childhood and some of mom and dad when they first got married. What a special time.
Friday, Christmas Eve, we went to The Dominion Country Club for family pictures! EVERYONE was there (Dad’s kids and grand kids and Jean’s kids and grand kids). It was smooth sailing and not as bad as we had imagined it would be with all the little ones running around! Then back to the Duncan’s house for a nap and some last minute shopping for me. We all met Grandma Cose’s house for a Bill Miller’s Christmas Eve dinner! The best choice for a Christmas Eve dinner by far……and topped off with Brian’s homemade tamales.....Delicious! We opened all our gifts and the kiddos played their little hearts out. Then back to the Duncan’s for the night…….wow that was a busy day!
Christmas morning with Mary and Lou was wonderful. We had a big pancake breakfast/brunch and the boys played while we listened to music and watched movies. It was so peaceful and quiet and we got some much needed rest and relaxation until about 4:30, then it was off to the Axtell house for a Christmas dinner. Jean did a fabulous job! The whole clan was there and we ate, drank, and were merry! The kids played and many visitors passed through as the night went on…..about 7:00 Cliff decided he was ready to drive back to Dallas. To make a long story short, we finally decided to leave Sunday morning instead.
Sunday, we got up at 5:00am and did not get out the door until about 6:00am. We were pleased not to hit any traffic on the drive home. Logan and Corbin did great and we were home by 10:15am. I took a power nap and then started cleaning for company and round two.
Monday morning, Cliff’s mom (Brenda), brother (Bob), his wife (Connie), their son (Marshall), and Marshall’s son (Saben- 4) and daughter (Jazmine-10) all came to visit. Cobin had a blast playing with the kids and meeting his grandma Brenda for the first time. It was so nice to visit with the family. The kids played during the day and watched movies at night. Connie and Bob took them skating one day and one night Corbin slept over at the hotel with the kids. That was fun for him! They tried to swim in the heated pool, but froze their little booties off! On New Year’s Eve, Brenda went back to South Carolina and Bob and Connie watched the boys while Cliff and I went out for a nice dinner. Bob, Connie, and Marshall took the kids back to Abilene on Saturday and flew out Sunday morning.
I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation! What a special time it was with all my family. I am so excited to be home with my baby and back to our routine! I love that I can stay home with them and I am so happy to be blessed with a wonderful husband and these beautiful boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment