Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Second Opinion and A Blessing!

I am praying that my pediatrician is able to get me in this week for a second opinion with his Neurologist friend.  Logan’s pediatrician as well as his therapists feel that he may need further testing before a concrete Hemiplegic Cerebral Palsy diagnosis.  Whatever the diagnosis, I know that my Heavenly Father is watching over my sweet Logan. 

I am so thankful the Lord put me in the small group He did at bible study.  If I am truthful, I did question God's selection of newly married and young single girls that he placed at my table.  Of course, I expected to be with ladies my age with kids, but GOD knew exactly who I needed to cross my path.  What a blessing they have been to me…….so compassionate and encouraging.  I am so grateful I sat at table #8! J

Last night at bible study, I reluctantly opened up about the financial burden of Logan's therapy and the stress of the medical expenses that come with having a special needs child.  One of the girls told me about ECI, but I quickly dismissed the idea based on the fact that we have not qualified for any other government funded program.  Thank God she was persistent and sent a text to her friend (who has a son in the program) for the details.  I took the information (thinking for sure I would not qualify) and called them this morning. To my surprise, it looks like they will be able to come to the house to see Logan for therapy at a fraction of the cost we were paying for Our Children's House at Baylor-Grapevine.  What a blessing!

I am absolutely positive that God put Kim at my table 8 weeks ago to share this information with me last night.  Thank you Lord for the way You work!  I was on my knees the night before (literally on the floor in my bathroom and yes, it was clean), praying for a financial miracle!  I prayed "Lord I don't know how to pray because I don't know how to fix this, but I do know you are God and you can do immeasurably more than we ask or can imagine, so I pray that you intervene."  He did……and in a way I could have never imagined or figured out on my own!

I am so glad we have Him to lead us through the dark when we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. He has NEVER let me down when I cry out for His help!  The Lord has brought so many great people into my life in the last couple weeks (Susan, Casey, Bethany, Jen, Kimi, Lacey, Kim, Jan, Angelic, and the list goes on....) and they might not even know that they touched my heart during this hard time in my life!  I am so grateful for His divine intervention and so thankful God knows who and what I need at the perfect time in my life!!!  Life is good......GOD YOU ARE GOOD!

Psalm 34:17-19
17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
   he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 
 19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
   but the LORD delivers him from them all.

3 comments:

  1. :-) What a testimony to God's goodness ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you set up a blog :-) God is so faithful and good to us even during the most difficult times, I am so grateful for your testimony to this! His light outshines the darkness we face. I will be praying for you and sweet Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was encouraging this morning! thank you for blogging!

    ReplyDelete